CMR-Nepal will host a series of webinars ‘fake or fact: disinformation and fact-checking’ to raise awareness among the general public on the issue.
The webinars, the first of which will be on September 6, are free to attend and are targeted to journalists and the general public.
Umesh Shrestha, editor of NepalFactCheck.org and a member of CMR-Nepal, will hold the webinars.
The webinar will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to fake news, misinformation, and disinformation;
- Impacts of disinformation to politics and society;
- How to identify disinformation;
- Do’s and dont’s about information online; and
- Simple tools and techniques for quickly verifying information online.
The registration is here.
List of Webinars (updated as they happen):
- September 6, 2020, 5PM to 7PM, 35 participants
- September 22, 2020, 7 PM to 8PM, 15 participants
- February 13, 2021, 7 PM to 8 PM, 15 participants