Twelve training fellows received the first phase of the Data-Driven Journalism 2020/21 training from December 17 to 22, 2020 in Kathmandu.
The fellows, selected from among 105 applicants, will continue the course in e-learning before they join the final attendance phase in February 2021.
The course is run with support from Interlink Academy, Germany with Claus Hasseling being the principal trainer supported by two CMR-Nepal’s trainers in Kathmandu.
During the first attendance phase, they gained skills in using spreadsheets for calculations and finding trends; various types of data visualizations; tools for acquiring, cleaning, and using data from various data sources.
The training fellows for Data-Driven Journalism 2020/21 are:
- Mr. Bishnu Tamang, dekhapadhi.com
- Ms. Bijeesha Budhathoki, onlinekhabar.com
- Mr. Dinesh Luitel, Annapurna Post
- Ms. Srijana Khatri, Swasthyakhabar.com
- Mr. Rishikesh Dahal, pahilopost.com
- Ms. Muna Kunwar, Naya Patrika
- Mr. Rewati Sapkota, Bagmati Province Communication Registrar
- Ms. Sunita Lohani, barhakhari.com
- Mr. Shreeram Paudel, Tribhuvan University
- Ms. Nirmala Ghimire, nepallive.com
- Mr. Yadav Humagain, Karobar
- Mr. Rabiraj Baral, mediakurakani.com